1:8 scale nitro off road racing is one of RC's most challenging disciplines of racing – it requires attention to detail and demands the highest of standards from equipment. Here to answer the call is the latest development from Team Associated's Area 51 Design Works, the RC8B3.2 Team Kit! The RC8B3.2 is set to push the boundaries of the accolades accumulated by the RC8B3.1:
- 2018 I.F.M.A.R. World Championship, Perth, Australia — Davide Ongaro
- 2019 ROAR National Championship, Hutto, Texas — Spencer Rivkin
- 2019 RCGP Series Championship — Davide Ongaro
- 2019 Italian Nitro Championship — Davide Ongaro
The engineers of Area 51 Design Works focused on key components that improved durability, accelerated maintenance, and expanded upon its race-winning heritage within the RC8B3 platform. An all-new suspension arm design features bottom-loaded inserts to adjust flex characteristics. The rear suspension arm length has been increased while reducing the arm mount width to improve performance in all conditions. A 4-piece center bulkhead allows for easier access to the center differential, making adjustments even faster.
The all-new radio tray design features an enclosed battery box, a larger receiver box, integrated switch and transponder mounting, and adjustable flex configurations. Updated shock caps allow the RCB3.2 to be run with the included new stiff bladders, standard bladders, or as emulsion with no bladders — all with the same cap. The RC8B3 platform was born with Team Associated "Champion by Design" heritage and the RC8B3.2 plans to continue dominating the 1:8 scale off road racing scene!
This vehicle needs extra parts to make it operational. Click on the Specifications tab to see what extra equipment you'll need to make the vehicle operational, such as motor and battery pack.
Due to ongoing R&D, photos may not match final kit. Vehicle shown on these pages equipped with items NOT included in kit: engine, pipe and header, transponder, servos, receiver, wheels, tires. Assembly and painting required.
- New suspension arm design with inserts for flex adjustments
- Longer rear suspension arm length with narrow rear arm mounts
- New center bulkhead splits and has front/rear specific top halves to prevent brake misalignment
- Enclosed battery box for quick and easy battery removal
- Larger receiver box for better wire management
- One-piece graphite transponder and electronic switch mount
- Flex Control(R) radio tray has three different configurations for chassis flex adjustment
- New stiff shock bladder design improves jumping and handling performance
- Updated shock cap works for bladder or emulsion style shock setups
- Shorter and lower front bumper reduces drag and allows easier access to anti-roll bar screws
- I.F.M.A.R. approved rear wing
- 42T ring and 12T pinion gears on front and rear differentials for improved gear ratios
- Updated chassis with chamfered front edges to reduce drag
- Side guards are now threaded into the chassis from the top side of the car
- 90% parts compatibility with RC8B3.2e